I LOVE the month of October…or OctoVer as Hadley calls it. Personally, I like the V in there-it makes October seem a little more snazzy. In honor of a spooky month, here are some random, spooky things that have happened in my life!
* I went to lunch with Sam last week-he claimed that he wasn’t that hungry & then proceeded to eat his ENTIRE plate of Chinese food. I, on the other hand, wasn’t super hungry so I picked at my food…UNTIL I realized that there was a dead caterpillar in my food. With two black eyes. And cute little squishy legs. Except it wasn’t cute when it was dead in my vegetables. Thank heavens I hadn’t eaten a ton because Sam looked at the caterpillar on my plate…looked at his empty plate & almost barfed. Good times.
* Once while on vacation my younger sister hopped into her hotel bed, stretched out her long legs and felt something in the bed. And I bet you a million billion dollars that you’ll never in a million billion years guess what it was. A MOLAR. Not just a tooth, but a MOLAR. I think about that story all the time & it never gets less funny.
* When I was little, I had really, really long hair. One night I laid in bed & I could feel something crawling around in my hair. I went and told my parents that there was something in my hair. They sent me back to bed three times. I was persistent & finally my dad took me into his bathroom, had me sit down & he shook my hair…and a HUGE spider fell out & crawled across the floor. Told you so, dad.
* Last week we had a series of semi-small earthquakes that didn’t feel so semi-small. When the first one hit, I was so scared that my voice lowered like three octaves. It sounded like I was talking in slow motion. It was weird, creepy and soooooooo random.
* I think that’s enough spooky/random facts for now. I don’t want you to think that I’m weirder than you already do. Happy Octover, everyone!
Here’s a spooky photo of my sister at her wedding. Oh, the joys of photographing people you know REALLY well.